Thursday, 8 June 2017

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

I suppose this isn't the best title into the third instalment of my blog but I feel today has been a day where we look over into the beyond. We will start work in ernest tomorrow and the waiting is the worst thing. I just want to begin. We have opened our eyes to the future but see nothing but the fall. Only clouds of uncertainty mist below us. The uncertainty of what is about to occur and crucially, what is beneath. 

"There isn't a way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do"
-A Hat Full of Sky

But to be fair we/I have already jumped. There is now no turning back, the milk is spilt, the horses have bolted, the glass is in free-fall and now we just hope that there is some kitchen roll available, the horses will return and the glass will bounce. 

"One of the hardest lessons of young Sam’s life had been finding out that the people in charge weren’t in charge. It had been finding out that governments were not, on the whole, staffed by people who had a grip, and that plans were what people made instead of thinking.”
– Night Watch

Today we completed the training. I have listened to all sides and my choice has already been made. The talks have been talked the introductions have been introduced and now the time has come to get to work. I'm ready to go, whatever happens, I'm on the edge, waiting but I just want to get on with it, no matter what happens. Tomorrow is going to be. We will go to and get on with whatever it may bring. Digging, mosquitos, sweat toil and tears. But for now i'm just waiting for it to happen. 


The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. 
-Terry Pratchett

I may find that its fantastic, I may love what will happen, or I may not. I may find that I will be unhappy to begin with but grow to find a crucial understanding and grudging respect for what has been decided. But I think what must always happen is that I must keep going That no matter tomorrow may bring. I will try my hardest to make it as good as I can be. I wont give up and we need to remember the world is still full, and beautiful and its great to be here.

With you, together.

“What was it they said about gods? They wouldn’t exist if there weren’t people to believe in them? And that applied to everything. Reality was what went on inside people’s heads.”
– Moving Pictures

Terry You beautiful bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment